> Interventions : Around the world
Around the world
Transitec has a wide experience of studies in Africa and the Near East with important projects carried out in Cotonou and throughout Benin, Libreville, Dakar, Tananarive, Tunis, Sfax, Tangier, Fès, Nouakchott,
projects which touch on all aspects linked to transport, from the
planning to the implementation of the measures resulting from these
Thus, Transitec has a longstanding knowledge and appreciation of
the culture, habits and working conditions in African countries,
particularly in North, Central and West Africa, as well as in the Near
Transitec has set up a permanent site in Rabat
on the African continent. This Transitec site in Morocco constitutes
now our 6th address besides our agencies in Lausanne, Berne, Bron/Lyon,
Lisbon and Namur.
The following are among Transitec's main references
for similar projects:
- Several foreign missions in Benin, notably :
Studies on parking lots and warehouses for
trucks on a national level (1999-2001, financed by the West African
- Transport Master Plan of Cotonou, traffic
signalling strategy and implementation projects in Cotonou (1996-1999,
financed by the World Bank).
- Training missions about multimodal transport diagnosis for the
Ecuador Central University of Quito in the frame of traffic
specialization and urban transport planning at the architecture and
urbanism Faculty (Ecuador, 2005-2006, financed by the State of Geneva)
- Several missions in Gabon, notably :
Strategy of accessibility and urban transport in Libreville (1999, financed by the World Bank);
- Strategy of accessibility and urban transport in Port-Gentil (1999, financed by the World Bank).
- Studies of implementation and traffic signalling on the first tramway line in Jerusalem (1999/2000 and 2005).
- Assessment transport mission in the city of Antananarivo (Madagascar, 1996, financed by the World Bank).
- Several missions in Morocco, notably :
Planning of all mobility related aspects of Morocco's bid to host the 2012 International Exhibition in Tangiers (2006);
- Services for assessing the efficiency of
traffic and demand management in Morocco's main cities and formulating
strategic recommendations for the Moroccan Government (2006 - in
progress - financed by Urban Transport Strategy - World Bank);
- Traffic studies in the cities of M'diq and Fnideq (2006);
- Traffic and Transport Master Plan of Tangiers (2003, financed by the Moroccan Government);
- Transport pre-diagnosis of Fès (2001, financed by the Urban Community of Strasbourg).
- Establishment of a Urban Transport plan in Nouakchott (Mauritania 2005-2006, financed by the World Bank).
- Several missions in Senegal, notably :
Transport diagnosis in the frame of the
restructuring plan of Pikine, related to the construction of the
motorway Dakar - Diamniadio (2006, in collaboration with Urbaplan,
financed by AFD);
- Support to the World Bank's 2006 supervision
mission regarding the Urban Mobility Improvement Project in Dakar (2006,
financed by the World Bank);
- Training for the elected members and technicians linked to mobility in Dakar (2003, financed by Brussels Capital Region);
- Emergency planning for mobility in the agglomeration of Dakar (2003, financed by Brussels Capital Region).
- Traffic plan in Sfax (Tunisia, 1998-2001, financed by the tunisian government).
You can consult the map
to discover Transitec's various interventions throughout the world
Moreover, Transitec is part of a group of Suisse consulting companies, FRISA
, in all engineering fields linked to the Urban Development in the emergent countries.